Thursday, June 23, 2016

My experience on Google Sites


I can’t believe I have created a Website for my first time! It was definitely a fun experience.I’d like to share about how I made it as follows.

To get started, go to sites.google.com and click on the Create button to create my first website. Give my site a name and then customize the end of the URL if I like. By default, it’ll just be sites/google.com/site/sitename. If I chose a blank template, I can select a theme also. Click the “I’m not a robot” button and then click Create at the top.I’ll now be brought to the homepage for my new site.

The important section is at the top where I can edit the current page. To adjust the settings for the page and the site, click on the gear icon and then click on the Manage site. Then I can configure a bunch of options like the site name, site description, the landing page, etc.The last section of sidebar in Manage site let me add a header image and change the font, color and size for the text in various sections of the site like content area, sidebar, navigation, etc.

When I start editing and creating new pages, I can choose to create four types of pages: Web Page, Announcements, File Cabinet and List. Then choose the location of my page. I can create a top level page or put it under a different page. An Announcements page is a blog page with posts listed in chronological order. A File Cabinet page lets me upload files and will list them on the page. A List page allows me to create a list of items and displays them in table format. I can change the template for a page anytime by clicking on the gear icon while on the page and choose Change page template.

If I want to add something on the page, for example, to add a table, click on the Table menu item and choose the size of my table in terms of rows and columns. To insert anything else, click on the Insert menu option.I can insert all kinds of items like images links, text boxes, HTML boxes, calendars, charts, maps, YouTube videos, etc. When working with text, I can click on the Format tab to pick different heading styles, etc.

I can see recent site activity, all my pages, attachments that I upload, page templates I can use, apps scripts, sharing and permissions and themes/colors/fonts. I can also choose to insert recent site activity on the sidebar so that I can keep track of changes. I can even revert to an older version by using 'Revision history.' From my site, click More actions in the top right of any page and select Revision history.If I change my mind about the most recent edits I or my collaborators made to the site, simply revert to an older version by clicking any version from the list. After returning to the 'Version history' view, click the Revert to this version link next to the version I'd like to revert to. Then my document will be reset to the version I selected.

8 comments:


  1. Really great article and well thought out Kevin. I enjoyed it thoroughly and am finally giving LinkedIn a second thought because of it.printer not activated error code 30

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epson Error code 0x97 is a warning error when there is an issue with the internal hardware. The main cause of this error is the motherboard failure or other internal hardware components. When this Epson Error Code 0x97 takes place, it occurs unexpectedly and may lead for your Epson printer to turn off or stop printing immediately. To fix this error code, you can call certified printer technicians. Our printer technicians use their technical skills to rectify Epson error code 0x97 within a few minutes. So, don’t irritate, we are available 24/7 day and night to help you for any inconvenience.
    Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
    Epson windows service disabled error
    Epson error code 0xf1
    Epson wireless printer setup
    Epson printer offline
    Epson Printer in error state
    Epson Support
    Epson Printer Support
    Epson Printer Not Printing
    Epson Printer Setup
    Epson 0x97 fix patch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you looking Epson printer customer care numbers then you can visit our sites thanks .
    install epson printer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your article interesting, would love to follow your other posts in future.If you facing any problem regarding 0xc004c060 windows 10 hit in it or For more information you can call us on our Toll-free No.+1-888-633-7151

    ReplyDelete
  5. If You facing any issues from your botch code oxcoooooof windows 10 and you discovering strong customer help for Hp printer. So you are in the perfect spot. We giving particular assistance to the Hp printer. We have Microsoft affirmed authority bunch who can deal with any issue concerning your Hp printer. Just dial our hp singular printer sans toll number for help 1-888-633-7151
    hp printer in error state

    ReplyDelete
  6. Epson error code 0xF3 may occur due to foreign objects that are stuck inside the printer or any other printer obstructions are being found.
    https://www.epsonhelpline247.com/how-to-fix-epson-error-code-0xf3/

    ReplyDelete