Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My experience on Spreadsheet




It is my first time to experience working on a spreadsheet. I was very excited when my grade sheet was created. It seemed easy to create a new sheet and put data in each cell. Formatting text in the cell is similar to it on Google Doc and slides. We can choose to change font size, make words or data bold, italic, or underlined. We can change the text color and fill the cell with colors. There are some more similarities like inserting chart, images or links on it… However, Google Sheets has its own features since people use it mostly to deal with data. For example, when copy and paste, we have options to choose from paste values, format or formula, each leads to paste only a particular attribute of cells. When we delete, we can choose either to delete a data in the cell or a whole row or column. We can also choose to freeze rows and columns to protect ranges. Functions allow us to perform specific calculations of the data in a selected block of cells, such as sum, average and maximum etc. It is also a challenging part for me to be careful with putting in a particular formula for each calculation.


Since I had only experienced it by creating a self-grading quiz and a grade sheet in this couple of days. I believe there are many functions on it waiting for me to explore further. For example, what I can do with filter view, what changes on borders will happen… But I know I can learn more from Google Docs Editors Help.

1 comment: